Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Secrets and groaners

Can I let you in on a little secret? I just finished packing my bags. No - not because I fly home tomorrow but something that is almost as fun. I am going into Pittsburgh tomorrow to spend the night. Now that it is so light out - I can still take a couple of hours to wander around and so thought I would take advantage of it.

I have an errand to run for mom on my way which works out perfectly. And then after that I am going to check into a beautiful hotel that I got a great rate at. I will valet the car. Then I will wander on down to this most delicious restaurant (I will be sure to tell you all about that later).  I have been scouring the menu to pick the best 'clean' meal (yes - there is a story behind those rabbit ears; I will be sure to tell you about that later as well). And, of course, I have to stop to take a photo of my magnolia tree. You will love it.

After a delightful night sleep, I will get up a bit early to do some work and then pack my things before I head out again. This time I apparently need to try out Pittsburgh's famous sandwich shop - again scouring for my 'clean' option. I'm planning on a little more wandering, people watching and a stop or two before I need to jet back to the airport to start the trek home. 3 flights - that's not so bad!

And in closing - you already know that I appear to be the type of person which others feel comfortable opening up to. And as such - I got a joke for you from my local Safeway employee (hmmm hhhmmmm - another story)

What do you call a bear with no teeth . . . ???







Wait for it






Scroll







Keep scrolling






It is coming . . .






Just a little further







A gummy bear . . . !!

No comments: