Monday, February 21, 2011

SkinCare Wonders

Jimmy did an awesome job with his Christmas gifts this year. As it was (2010) the New House Year and the Engagement Year, we really weren't in the position to buy extravagant gifts. Rather we needed to save for the Wedding Year (2011). As such the agreement was stocking stuffers up to a reasonable limit.

To give you a little background, I am the kind of girl that loves cosmetics. All of it - the lip balms, eyeshadows, creams, hair shimmer. If it is the least bit girlie - I love it. I don't know why. I am not addicted to them (as I saw on the preview for that crazy new show) nor do I wear a lot or even use them on a regular basis all the time. But I do love them. I don't think Jimmy really knew that I love them - but sometimes he has the lucky pick that turns out perfect (kind of like when he picked me . . . . )

Sometimes it is the packaging that draws me, sometimes the name, other times the promised results, the scents, the flavors and sometimes just cuz. So when I opened my face care products from Jimmy, I was excited. The packaging was beautiful. They smelt so nice and light. And even though my skin has been the perfect look for a proactiv commercial, I was excited to give it a whirl. (Fully expecting of course that the product would be too heavy and not usable but I would use it the odd time travelling or on a Saturday).



Well, if I can share, I LOVE IT!

Avani is an absolutely incredible product. After a year on Proactiv my skin looked okay but certainly not great. After 3 months of Avani, it has a glow and a refreshed look that I haven't had since I was 20. It is soft and smooth to the touch. I even head out of the house without yes I said without makeup sometimes.

The cream is heavy but it doesn't feel anything but moisturizing on the skin. Jimmy bought me a cleansing toner, night anti aging/repairing cream (not sure what he was trying to tell me there - hee hee), the moisturizing cream pictured above and a face mask. Love them all!

So if anyone is looking for a new skin care line or is as addicted to cosmetics as I am, here is a great one to try.

No comments: