Friday, September 21, 2012

Getting things in order

I have to admit that I haven't been the best at getting our affairs in order post marriage. Anyone who has gone through this knows exactly what I mean. Name changes, beneficiaries and such. But this weekend we finally accomplished one of the most important....

The secret signal...

The signal that can be used for a variety of things:

- we gotta go cuz another girl just showed up wearing the exact same outfit as the one I'm trying to pull off
- this person has the worst breath ever so please rescue me
- uh oh I called in sick today to hit up the beach but there is my boss at the same beach


But it is also crucial in the blind recognition. It took a while to convince Jimmy that it could add any value to his life but I think I have him convinced. What if he is kidnapped and an impostor is trying to gain his trust and pretend they are me? Or what if the power is off one night when I get home late and we need to confirm I'm not an intruder. Or what if their is some other disaster that requires a meeting spot and secret acknowledgement.

No worries though - we have one established now. Phew so glad that is done.

No comments: