Saturday, February 06, 2010

Catching Up

I had the opportunity to catch up with some old friends lately. It must have been 10 or 15 years since I have seen them and almost as long since I have had any news on them.

Not much has changed in their lives. The family owned business continues to grow. Unfortunately that also means it continues to cause strife amongst everyone (power and money always seems to have that effect on families). The family has increased in size- children have grown up - marriages celebrated - degrees earned - and sadly divorces mourned.

Nick and Sharon will always have Paris. Victor will always love Ashley and Jake will always protect his sister from Victor's vile ways. Everyone has their role in the family and they all play it to a fault. Aww, the Newmans.

But as I was cleaning my house and listening to their trivial chatter in the backgroun, I felt such a strong sense of familiarity. Funny how that can be. After all those years of Grandpa and Gladys watching Young and the Restless or at the very least being sure to tell me all the news, it's almost like the Newmans were our out of town relatives.

I am sure it will be another 10 years before I hear any news again. I am willing to bet that not much will have changed. I am also quite confident that it will still be familiar.

No comments: