Saturday, November 26, 2011

I used to laugh at mom and her tears. Tears at commercials. Tears during a tv show or movie. Tears of sadness and tears of joy.

I now find myself with those same tears. This past week has been an emotional tv/movie week. First Ryan died and Amelia had to face her pain head on. Then Sarah is feeling torn between believing in her ex-husband again for enjoying her new love. Jimmy laughs at me as I finish every Parenthood crying and proclaiming 'that was a sad one.'

The tears start to form as I read sad blogs of husbands who have passed away and wives and mothers doing there best to find life, sad news of friend's families wishing I could do something to take the pain away.

And now I sit here, watching that darn movie - p.s. I love you. Jimmy is off playing hockey so I have the candles burning, a warm cup of tea and the laptop ready for wedding photos. I can feel my throat tightening up. The tears welling in the back of my eyes.

Life, well specificaly work, has been a tad stressful so not sure if this is my body's way of cleansing the emotions or if as I get older, I find my self with the same tears as my mom.

Either way, I better hide upstairs before Jimmy comes home with the boys. To find me on the couch. Kleenexes littering the floor around me. My eyes blood shot and swelled. My nose red. My voice hoarse. Nobody wants to see that site - :)

Not sure if Jimmy was quite prepared for all of this!

1 comment:

MOM said...

AH now you understand your mom!! Yes I'm not sure what does it but I like to think that it is because I am caring and feeling the pain along with them. It is NORMAL!!!!